Find your rainbow after the “Storm.” Any person who is blessed to still be walking this earth has been through many challenging times. During the “storms of life” you have to love yourself a little more. You have to have hope and faith to keep fighting for the rainbow after the storm. We all know … Continue reading Finding The Rainbow After The Storm
10 Ways To Love Yourself Every Day
Have you spent time with yourself today? Self-love is necessary and extremely important. It is so easy to become caught up in everyday life that we neglect taking care of ourselves. We become so consume with filling the “cups” of our children, spouse, friends and family that we end up with nothing left for ourselves.
How can you give to others when you’re not giving to yourself? Start paying more attention to your needs and give yourself what everyone is requiring from you: love, time and attention.
Below, I have 10 simple self-care practices you can use on a daily or weekly basis to express love towards yourself. Make sure to comment down below any self love practices that you utilize. I look forward to reading them 🙂
“I Love Myself”: Love yourself before you can love anyone else. That person in the mirror deserves the love and respect that you’re willing to give to others. Don’t neglect pouring love and positive words into yourself daily!
Positive thoughts: Watch what you post, say, and think about yourself. Negative thoughts can manifest into real life and trick your brain into believing the false lies that your saying about yourself. It’s not an easy task to think positive thoughts daily but with work, patience and possibly seeking help from a therapist you can rewire your thoughts.
Take care of yourself: We should strive to make it a priority to take care of our hygiene, appearance, physical, emotional and mental health daily. You have to take care of the body that you were given. From the clothing that we wear, the amount of sleep we get each night, being mindful of what we eat, the things we say to ourselves and so much more. You only get one body so take care of yourself from the inside out.
Forgiveness: Forgiveness is the hardest self-care practice of them all! We are our biggest critics and often times forget that everyone including ourselves will make mistakes! Give yourself some slack and forgive yourself! Not only forgive yourself but others. A simple “I forgive you” can create a much needed breakthrough. Be easy on yourself and know that you are not perfect.
Compliment yourself: Encourage and remind yourself daily of how amazing you are. Letting yourself know “I look amazing today,” “You are so beautiful,” or “I appreciate you” can boost your self worth and confidence. Give yourself high praise for being the amazing person that you are.
“Me Time”: “Me Time” consists of taking time out of your day (10min-1hr) doing something that you enjoy. It requires you to have a mental break from the stress of your day. Having alone time daily can help with avoiding burnout, frustration and can have great benefits for your mental health. Don’t feel bad taking time out for yourself everyday it’s necessary!
Surround yourself with positivity: Remove yourself from negative people and situations daily. Negativity can drain your energy. You will never be happy until you remove yourself from negative environments or people. Walk away from the coworker who just wants to gossip. Don’t answer the phone for the friend who’s only calling to place their baggage onto you. Stay off social media for a day. Love yourself enough to let go of situations and people that are hurting not helping you.
Spa Day: I take “Self Care Sunday’s” very seriously. After a long week of work you deserve an entire day where you cater to yourself. Bring out the wine, soothing music, light candles, and create a peaceful atmosphere for yourself. Exfoliate your skin from head to toe. Give yourself a manicure and pedicure. Treat yourself at least once a week.
Laughter: You ever heard the saying “laughter is the key to happiness?” I totally agree! Turn on a comedy movie and laugh your heart out. Call a friend or family member and reminisce about the good times together. Read funny jokes. Laughter is good for the soul.
Meditate and/or Pray: Spending time in silence is important because it allows you to release negative thoughts, emotions and energy. Your mind is clear, body is relaxed and the weight of the day has been lifted off of your shoulders.
“Love yourself first because that is who you will spend the rest of your life with.”
20 Lessons In Life That I’ve Learned The Hard Way
“…When life is good, make sure you enjoy and receive it full and when life is not good, remember that it will not last forever and better days are on the way.” – Jenni Young
Not every relationship and friendship will last “forever.” Some people will only be in your life for a season.
Love is such a beautiful emotion but it can also be very painful at the same time.
Nothing in life will be handed to you. You will have to work hard for everything you want.
Life is not always fair but be grateful, blessed and continue to make the best out of it.
Not everyone is going to be happy and supportive for the blessings you receive.
You will always be your number one supporter.
Your happiness should be your number one priority. You are the most important person in your life.
First appearances are extremely important so always show up and show out.
You have to stand up for your beliefs and values or you’ll fall for anything.
Life is very unpredictable so appreciate your loved ones while they are here.
People will take advantage of you if they can so stick up for yourself.
Apologies don’t mean anything if the behavior is still the same.
The people you hold close to your heart will hurt you the most.
Trust takes a while to build but seconds to be broken.
Without God nothing is possible.
Don’t ever get to comfortable in life. Your life can change within the blink of an eye.
Stop going above and beyond for jobs that will easily replace you.
Protect your heart and well being at all cost.
Self love is so damn important.
Hurt people, hurt people.
1. Get Rid Of All Negative Energy The first key to being happy this spring is to remove yourself from any and all negative energy. You can do this by doing a deep clean of your house from top to bottom, meditation or simply removing negative people from your life. Negative energy will only hinder … Continue reading 5 Ways To Be Happy This Spring
1. He/She can’t be trusted. Trust is an important factor in any relationship you have with another person. If you do not trust a person you will constantly be on edge and you’ll never be completely comfortable within the relationship. Just like the saying goes “without trust there is no US.” Don’t allow yourself to … Continue reading 5 Signs That You Need To Breakup
4 Signs That Your Friend Is Not Your Friend
1. Your friend never supports you.
“A friend is someone who accepts your past, supports your present and encourages your future.”
You’re always going above and beyond for your friend but you don’t receive the same treatment in return. A friendship should never be one sided. If you have communicated with your friend about the type of support that you need and they never follow through then that’s a red flag. There should be a balance of support between you two.
2. Your friend only calls when they need a favor.
“Some people will only “love you” as much as they can use you. Their loyalty ends where the benefits stop.”
This is definitely a top three sign of a toxic friendship. Only hearing from your friend when they want something is a friendship that needs to end. Don’t allow a friend to use you for your what you can do for them because that’s not the definition of a true friendship.
3. You can’t be yourself around them.
“Never lose yourself while trying to hold on to someone who doesn’t care about losing you…”
It seems as if you’re always walking on egg shells with this friend. They don’t appreciate you for who you are by always finding flaws and being judgmental. You shouldn’t have to dim your light or hide parts of yourself for a friendship. You’re friend should be accepting of who you are and if they aren’t remove yourself from the toxic friendship.
4. Your friend is disrespectful towards you.
“If they disrespect you to your face, imagine what they’re doing behind your back.”
If you have a friendship that feeds off of negativity, arguments, and sly remarks this is your warning to leave immediately. A person that is disrespectful towards you does not respect you. A true friend will never do or say anything that is disrespectful towards you. They will treat you with love, kindness, respect and they will not cross your boundaries. It’s better to have a friendship filled with positive vibes than a fake friends who don’t have your best interests at heart.
Self esteem comes from being able to define the world in your own terms and refusing to abide by the judgement of others… For this blog, I reached out to several of my friends and asked questions pertaining to beauty, confidence and self love. Keep reading to see what their responses where. 🙂 Question: How … Continue reading Q&A: Let’s Talk About Beauty, Self Love and Confidence
1. You don’t know what you want and need in a relationship. Your dating life is a train wreck because you don’t know what it is your looking for. Take the time to write out any non-negotiables and character traits you need from a significant other. When you do this it’s so much easier to … Continue reading 10 Common Dating Mistakes Single Women Make
20 THINGS I WOULD TELL MY YOUNGER SELF
Don’t you wish somehow we could go back in time and be a mentor for our younger selves?
- Follow your dreams and shoot for the stars. The sky is the limit!
- Enjoy your youth!! Don’t be in a rush to grow up because being an adult can suck sometimes.
- Your happiness is a priority. You can’t live your life for other people.
- Stop letting fear dictate your life…BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!
- Appreciate your love ones while they are here.
- Don’t hold grudges!
- Say what you mean and mean what you say!
- Everyone does not have your best interest at heart.
- Don’t let the pain or hurt from the past dictate your future.
- Love yourself! No one can love you better than yourself.
- Never beat yourself up about situations you have no control over.
- Smile more. Life changes in a blink of an eye. Live life to the fullest!
- It’s okay to cry.
- Friends come and go.
- It’s okay to not have everything together. It’s okay to fail. Just remember to get back up again.
- Nothing in life is given to you. You have to work hard for it!
- Your body is a temple.
- Be happy with the skin you are in. You are beautiful! Flaws and all.
- When someone shows you who they are. Believe them, the first time!!
- It’s okay to say no!! Stop explaining yourself all the time.
Comment down below advice you would give to your younger self!!
Why Is Dating In This Generation So Complicated !?
“We live in a generation of, not being in love, and not being together…” This one line from Drake’s song “Doing It Wrong” instantly pops in my mind when I think of dating in today’s generation.
In my opinion, I must say dating has become complicated and sometimes tiresome. We want the “perks” of what a relationship can bring without putting in the work.
I’m currently living in a generation where:
- You’re praised for having multiple partners or “hoes.”
- Where being emotionally unavailable is cool and if you show public appreciation towards your partner you are instantly called a “Simp.” (Ex: Russell Wilson)
- A generation where you are told having a bond is way better than having a title.
- Where we hear statements such as “I’m not ready for a relationship right now but we can still go on dates, have sex, and do everything people in relationships do but remember we aren’t together.”
- “Situationships” also known as “Friends with Benefits” are thriving more than real relationships.
- A generation who is afraid to use titles and labels.
- Where everything from music, television shows, movies etc. are being over-sexualized.
- “Toxic” relationships are being glorified and “healthy” relationships are called boring.
- A place where it’s all about body counts and temporary feelings.
- Where everything is rushed and dating for pleasure is more acceptable than dating with a purpose.
The hopeless romantic in me would honestly like to know what happened!? Why don’t we date anymore!?
- What happened to building and developing a special bond with that “special person?”
- What happened to stimulating conversations? Not blowing my phone up with “Wyd?” text every five minutes.
- What happened to connecting with someone mentally, spiritually, and emotionally before hopping into their bed?
- WHAT HAPPENED TO REAL DATES!? and yes, “Netflix and Chill” is not a date!!
As a whole I wish we would start dating with a purpose again. Becoming more intentional about finding the right partner. Spending less time in the bedroom and more time connecting with a person on other levels.
More time building genuine friendships with each other. Creating our own relationship goals. Being intentional about healing before getting into relationships. Being honest about our wants and desires.
We have to stop running away from love. We have to stop playing games when it comes to the matters of the heart.
Let’s not be the generation who has completely given up on love!! ❤
Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and/or try again.