Self-love is necessary and extremely important. Loving yourself is the best feeling ever! It is so easy to become caught up in life that we neglect taking care of ourselves.
Start paying more attention to your needs and give yourself what everyone is requiring from you: love, time and attention. I have 10 simple self-care practices you can use to express love to yourself daily. Your journey to self-love begins now.
- I Love Myself: Have you told yourself “I Love You” today? Constantly express to yourself how much you love yourself. Say the words I Love You daily and mean it. If it is a struggle to say I Love You it’s okay. Self-love is not an easy journey but you have to start somewhere. Each day you speak those words they will become a norm for you. It will become easier and you’ll be more confident within yourself.
- Take care of yourself: Your health is extremely important! Taking care of yourself from head to toe is important. Your appearance is important. Dress to impress yourself. Put on something that makes you feel amazing. When you are looking good you will feel good. Love yourself by taking care of yourself.
- Think positive thoughts about yourself: Watch what you think and speak into the atmosphere. When you think negative thoughts about yourself you trick yourself into believing them. Negative thoughts can control our minds but you have to focus on the positive. It’s definitely not an easy task but with work, time and patience your thoughts can change. Remember less negative self-talk and more positive thoughts.
- Forgive yourself: Forgiveness is the hardest self-care practice of them all. Everyone makes mistakes daily! Forgive yourself to have peace within your life. Saying “I forgive you” and truly meaning those words can create a much-needed breakthrough. It’s a long journey but have hope that one day you will be able to move forward.
- Compliment and encourage yourself: Encourage and remind yourself how amazing you are. “I look great today.” “My hair looks nice today.” “Today is going to be a great day.” “I won’t allow anyone to steal my joy today.” When you’re having a bad day a simple compliment or encouraging words could turn it around.
- Spend alone time with yourself: Spending alone time with yourself is necessary!! We are so busy during the day that we neglect spending “me” time. “Me” time is taking time out of your day (10min-1hr) doing something that you enjoy alone. Life can be hectic with spouses, children, and jobs. Sometimes we just need a mental break from it all. That’s why having alone time is important! Make sure to enjoy “me” time daily.
- Surround yourself with positivity: Remove yourself from negative situations and surround yourself with positivity. When you surround yourself with happy people you will be happy. Negativity can drain your energy. You will never be happy until you remove yourself from negative environments or people. Love yourself enough to let go of situations that are only hurting you not helping!
- Spa Day: Bring out the wine, soothing music and take a nice long bath. Light some candles. Set a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere. Exfoliate your skin from head to toe. Give yourself a manicure and pedicure. Allow yourself to enjoy peace and relaxation.
- Laughter: You ever heard the saying “laughter is the key to happiness.” I totally agree! Laughter is good for the soul. Turn on a comedy movie and laugh your heart out. Call a friend and reminisce about the good times together. Read funny jokes. Just allow yourself to let loose and have fun. Laughter puts out positive energy into the atmosphere. It puts us into a positive mindset so allow yourself to laugh more!
- Meditate or Pray.: Mediating is a practice that I thoroughly enjoy. Clearing my mind and focusing completely on relaxation. During my meditations, I listen to relaxing music and turn my phone on do not disturb. Which allows me to completely relax with no distractions. Spending time with silence is important. Praying and meditating allows me to release negative thoughts and energy. I literally, feel the weight of the day lifted off of my shoulders. My mind is clear and my body is relaxed and calm.
Did you enjoy this blog? Read more Self-Love blogs below:
“Love yourself first because that is who you will spend the rest of your life with.”