The school year is beginning and this is the perfect time to give tips on how to survive college. So, let’s get started:
1. Get involved. I must say if I didnt become involved in organizations on campus my college experience would be totally different. Being apart of organizations you get the chance to meet new people, network and experience different things. So, let’s get out of our dorm rooms and become involved.
2. Try to get along with your roommate. It would suck to share a room with someone who you absolutely can’t get along with. Trust me it will not work out.
3. Stay on top of your work. It’s easy to get behind in your work. Always remember school work comes first. There will always be parties going on. It’s okay if you miss a few.
4. Surround yourself with positive people. Everyone does not have your best interest at heart. Find friends who push you to do better. Friends who want to see you succeed.
6. Safe sex is the best sex. Be cautious of who you decide to lay with. If you must have sex make sure that protection is used. Std’s are a big thing on college campuses. So let’s protect our bodies.
7. Be aware of your surroundings. At night if you’re alone try to call or walk with someone. To be more catious. Also, when listening to music make sure it’s at a decent volume . A volume where you can still hear what’s going on around you.
The last tip: HAVE FUN!!!!
College is where you will party with future doctor’s, nurse’s, educator’s, and lawyer’s. A place where you will make lifelong friendships.
“Remember to get involved and network. It’s easy to bring down your gpa and hard to bring it back up.”
May your college experience be filled with fun times and long lasting memories. Make this the best years of your life!
Good luck 💙